Foods and cholesterol
They should be a main part of the daily diet. They are fat and low cholesterol or cholesterol free and (or) high in fiber. The fatty fish and edible oils listed contain a favorable fatty acid composition. However, the amount consumed must also be limited here.
- Rapeseed oil, olive oil
Meat, poultry, sausage products:
- All lean meats, skinless poultry, corned beef, turkey breast fillet
- All types of lean fish (pollack, cod, redfish, trout). Also herring, mackerel, salmon and tuna.
Milk and milkproducts:
- Low-fat milk (1.5%), buttermilk, low-fat quark, cottage cheese, hand cheese.
- All wholemeal products. Bread, cereal flakes, oat products made from whole grain, corn, green spelled, buckwheat, millet, whole grain rice
- All vegetables (fresh or frozen) as raw vegetables or cooked, prepared with low fat content, legumes
- Jacket potatoes (new potatoes with peel), boiled potatoes
- All types of fruit fresh or frozen. Unsweetened fruit compote, fruit ice cream or fruit sorbet made from unsweetened, pure fruit juice
- Mineral water, tap water, herbal and fruit tea without sugar, black tea and coffee in moderation, juice spritzer, unsweetened fruit juice, vegetable juice.
- Fresh and dried herbs, spices, mustard, vinegar
Food suitable in moderation
Products from this group should not be consumed every day or in large quantities.
- Sunflower oil, corn oil, wheat germ oil, nut oil, safflower oil, margarine with a high proportion of unsaturated fatty acids.
Meat and meat products
- Lean beef or pork with no visible fat. Cut away the fat edges! Lean cooked ham, salmon ham, turkey sausage and all other low-fat sausages. (In any case, lean cheese is preferable as a topping on bread !!).
- Canned fish with sauce, shellfish and crustaceans, breaded fish.
Milk and milkproducts
- Low-fat cheeses up to 30% fat in the dry matter, quark with 20% fat, cream cheese
- Two to three eggs per week (this also includes the eggs hidden in pancakes, for example)
- Light flour (type 405), light breads, sugared breakfast cereals and muesli mixes with added sugar, white, peeled rice, light pasta.
- Potato dishes prepared with suitable fats such as fried potatoes (use a little oil!) Or French fries from the oven.
Fruits and nuts
- Avocado, canned fruit with sugar, dried fruit, nuts of all kinds
- Sweetener, table sugar, pigeon sugar, fructose, jam and jelly, honey.
- Sweets, liquorice, fruit gums, fruit ice cream
- Cocoa beverages, lemonades and Coca Cola, fruit nectars, malt beer, alcoholic beverages
- Ketchup, salt, herb salt.
Products from this group are rich in fat and saturated fat. The cholesterol content in most products is also too high. Therefore avoid consumption or limit it drastically.
- Butter, clarified butter, lard, coconut fat, palm kernel fat, fats with chemically hydrogenated oils such as some margarines and deep-frying fats.
- Generally fatty meat, goose, duck. Bacon, ground meat, offal, all types of high-fat sausage (spreadable sausage, meat sausage, black pudding, etc.)
- Eel, caviar, and all high-fat fishes with the exception of cold-water fish, herring, salmon, mackerel and tuna.
milk and milkproducts
- All fat dairy products such as whole milk, cream, creme fraiche. Sour cream, cream quark, cream yoghurt and all types of cheese with a fat content of more than 30% in the dry matter.
- No more than 3 eggs a week
- Fatty breads (some toast and baguette), croissants, pasta with egg.
- All common baked goods such as cakes, coffee pieces with white flour, high fat content and lots of sugar. Cookies, savory and cheese pastries.
- All potato preparations with unsuitable fats (butter, clarified butter) and a high fat content, such as French fries from the deep fryer or potato chips.
- Chocolate and all chocolate products, nut nougat cream, ice cream and ice cream made from whole milk, marzipan, confectionery
- Unfiltered coffee and drinking chocolate with cream
Spices and sauces
- Mayonnaise, tartar sauce
Combined (mixed hyperlipidemia) diet
Here the pattern of blood lipid increases is very different and subject to fluctuations. Accordingly, different priorities must be set in nutritional therapy. If the total and LDL cholesterol are increased, the rules of a low cholesterol diet apply in the first place.
If the cholesterol level is high (LDL high, HDL low) and the triglycerides increase at the same time, it is advisable to increase the proportion of monounsaturated fatty acids (olive oil, rapeseed oil, nut oil), and to reduce saturated fatty acids from animal products. It is also recommended to eat cold water fish regularly, to increase the fiber content of the daily diet and not to drink alcohol.
Special features of hypertriglyceridemia
All products marked in the list as suitable in measure that contain sugar should also be omitted here. Such as sugary cereals, breakfast cereals, white rice, white pasta, all sugars and confectionery and sugary soft drinks. It is also recommended to eat cold water fish regularly (Normal weight approx. 100 g per day).