This topic is an additional page on our topic:
- Physiotherapy / physiotherapy
General physiotherapy includes a variety of treatment methods and techniques that affect the entire musculoskeletal system of the body and in one Physiotherapeutic treatment can be combined with each other depending on the problem and the patient's findings. Passive movement and positioning of a paralyzed patient are just as much a part of it as teaching active exercises and mobilizing a patient after one Heart attack or the gait school after the implantation of a Hip prosthesis or one stroke.
For the functioning of our movement system is the optimal interaction of Musculature, Connective tissue, joint, nervous and organ system necessary; like a gear wheel, all systems mesh with one another. This means that the disruption of one of these systems can affect other areas of the body e.g. An altered gait pattern due to a foot injury can result in back pain, a "blocked" rib joint can cause breathing disorders, a problem in the stomach caused by the changed posture can cause neck problems.
To the choice of treatment techniques and exercises (= Treatment plan) to be able to take is therefore in addition to the medical diagnosis detailed physiotherapeutic assessment (see treatment process) necessary in order to find out, as far as possible, the causal disturbance in the individual structures involved in the movement system. To use the examples above, it is of little use to treat the back only if the gait disorder has not yet been resolved or to carry out respiratory therapy before that Rib joint is treated. During a series of treatments, the Course of treatment and the patient's reaction controlled and the treatment plan may be changed.
This means that comprehensive and qualified training and further education for a physiotherapist is necessary in order to cover the broadest possible range of treatments. When choosing your therapist, you should therefore rely on Additional qualifications pay attention and find out if there is a specialization in your problems.
Exercise selection of general physiotherapy
- Mobilization and stretching exercises to improve mobility with or without the use of small devices, i.e. Good mobility is a prerequisite for performing a sequence of movements economically.
- Strengthening exercises to activate and strengthen weakened muscle groups with or without the use of small devices such as Thera-band®, dumbbells, mobile pads or cuffs, i.e. Good muscle strength improves the stability of the body and enables an improvement in posture and the exercise of strength-demanding activities in everyday life and at work
- Increased activity of the segmental (deep muscles close to the spine) Muscles to improve the Stability, Blocking prevention
- Balance exercises to improve balance reactions and to prevent falls (prophylaxis)
- Perception exercises to train body awareness i.e. the patient has to learn to “feel” movement and relaxation
- "Practice" economic movement sequences for everyday life and work via training in coordination, i.e. What is important is the way in which the movement is performed and not the avoidance strategy
- Relaxation exercises to improve physical and mental relaxation
For example, the progressive muscle relaxation according to Jakobson or dream trips / fantasy trips are ideal.
You can find out more about this under our topics:
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation
- Imagination journeys
- Breathing exercises to support secretion dissolution and coughing, improvement of respiratory function, body awareness and relaxation
The exercises can be taught individually in a single treatment or in a group, when performing exercises in the exercise pool, use the buoyancy or the water resistance. When choosing an exercise, the therapist should ensure that as many functions as possible are trained in one exercise (high effectiveness) and that as many exercises as possible can be incorporated into everyday life. Just as important is comprehensive information about the origin of the problem, possible changes in behavior and prevention. This significantly increases the patient's motivation.
Appointment with ?
I would be happy to advise you!
Who am I?
My name is dr. Nicolas Gumpert. I am a specialist in orthopedics and the founder of .
Various television programs and print media report regularly about my work. On HR television you can see me every 6 weeks live on "Hallo Hessen".
But now enough is indicated ;-)
In order to be able to treat successfully in orthopedics, a thorough examination, diagnosis and a medical history are required.
In our very economic world in particular, there is too little time to thoroughly grasp the complex diseases of orthopedics and thus initiate targeted treatment.
I don't want to join the ranks of "quick knife pullers".
The aim of any treatment is treatment without surgery.
Which therapy achieves the best results in the long term can only be determined after looking at all of the information (Examination, X-ray, ultrasound, MRI, etc.) be assessed.
You will find me:
- Lumedis - orthopedic surgeons
60311 Frankfurt am Main
You can make an appointment here.
Unfortunately, it is currently only possible to make an appointment with private health insurers. I hope for your understanding!
For more information about myself, see Lumedis - Orthopedists.