Problems staying asleep
The big issue of sleep disorder encompasses many subjects. Please also note all other topics related to persistent sleep disorders on :
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Consequences of lack of sleep
- Daytime sleepiness
- Insomnia from breathing pauses
- Twitching in sleep
- Sleep Apneu Syndrome (Causes of Internal Medicine)
- Sleep disorders (neurological cause)
Both Sleep disorders (circadian rhythm sleep disorders) it concerns disturbances of the sleep rhythm in relation to the light-dark cycle.
There are two different disruptive mechanisms of sleep disorder:
- of the inner Pacemaker is disturbed
- external factors affect the wake-sleep rhythm
Above all, there are problems falling asleep and staying asleep and an increased need for sleep.
Delayed sleep phase disorder
Symptoms of difficulty sleeping through the night:
- strongly delayed sleep phase, which means that falling asleep and waking up deviate from the social norm of more than 2 hours
- Despite the normal bedtime, the patient cannot fall asleep for a long time
- gets up early in the morning
- characteristic is a High performance in the evening
Forward sleep phase disorder
- falling asleep is shifted forward
- Patients wake up early in the morning
- Daytime sleepiness
- Difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep
With an irregular sleep-wake rhythm, patients complain of excessive daytime sleepiness and difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep.
- This disorder is common in people who lack a social timer
- with jet lag
- with shift work
Difficulty staying asleep due to jet lag
Difficulty sleeping through the night can also be caused by a Jet lag, triggered after a long-haul flight. The body's own rhythm, the "internal clock" is disrupted and it can lead to problems falling asleep and staying asleep. Those affected often wake up at night because they are hungry or need to go to the toilet. It is still important to adjust to the time of day in the destination country so that the body can get used to it within a few days.
Read detailed information on the subject: Jet lag